UPA is committed to protecting your privacy and is governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Australia) for collection of your personal information via this website.
Your information will only be used for the purpose for which it is supplied.
We do not share information captured from our website with anyone outside of UPA.
We take your privacy very seriously.
The information we collect about you is limited for use in the following ways:
- to process your inquiries through our ‘Contact Us’ form.
- the review of statistical use of our website.
We will only collect your information when:
- you send us an email or,
- you subscribe to receive our newsletter and other information material, or
- you give us any personal information when using the ‘Contact Us’ form.
If we require further information from you, we will contact you either by phone, in writing & or email.
What information is collected?
If you choose to provide us with your personal information through this website, it will generally be limited to:
- your personal contact details (name, address, phone number, email address)
All information is held securely. To ensure your privacy is protected, your information will not be disclosed outside of UPA.
We use “cookies” when you visit our Website. It is a technology that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website. There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them:
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use our features.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the Site, to improve both its functionality and your overall experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing our services, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our Website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the Website in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, you user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Website.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party service provider who may combine you information with information from other; and may place or recognise a unique cookie on your browser for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements. To opt-out of third party cookies, please contact UPA’s Privacy Officer using the details provided below.
Who will have access to your personal information?
All personal information provided to UPA via this website will only be seen or used by persons employed by UPA and our contracted service providers (eg, Web Developers who are bound by privacy legislation). The only other time external entities will have access to your personal information is if:
- we are required to provide your information to others for purposes relating to public safety and law enforcement.
Security of your personal information.
We take precautions to ensure the security of personal information by storing it in a secure environment.
This website has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration to your personal information under our control. However, information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom it is intended. If you send us any personal information by email it is sent at your own risk.
If you provide UPA with confidential information;
- you have the right to ask for a copy of these details at any time.
- you have the right to request removal or update of your details at any time.
To request update or delete your information, wish to stop receiving information, ask questions about privacy or register a complaint regarding privacy and your information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (02) 9482 4530.