Youth Care Services UPA is seeking to employ 2 Caseworkers to join our dynamic team to support the growth of the agencies Permanency Support Program.
About the Agency
Youth Care UPA is a Funded Service Provider within the Permanency Support Program managed by the UPA FNC District. Our program provides a safe, nurturing, secure and caring alternative living arrangement for young people who cannot live with their natural families.
It is our mission to provide an effective Permanency Support Program which empowers young people, and creates opportunities for their future to enhance their quality of life. This will be achieved in collaboration with the young person, their family and other key people.
About the Role
To actively support the individual needs of children and young people in the Youth Care UPA Program. You will be responsible for developing Case Plans and supporting and implementing and monitoring the plan in conjunction with the young person and their carers.
The incumbent will work as part of a team to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes for the young people and children whilst providing support to their carers.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work or Diploma or Degree in Community Services, Social Sciences or equivalent are essential, together with a minimum of 12 months relevant experience in OOHC/child protection sectors;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information at all times;
- High level of assessment skills together with information gathering, problem solving, and evaluation skills;
- Ability to manage challenging situations while applying policy, procedure and legislation to deliver services to children and people to deliver positive outcomes;
- Demonstrated effective time management and organisation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Thorough approach to the management of information, preparation of reports and documentation for high level decision making;
- Proven excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with a diverse range of people and contribute effectively in a team;
- Demonstrated strong written skills, experience in report writing and confident computer skills;
- Current NSW Working with Children Check clearance;
- Current Australian Drivers Licence- Class C;
- Comprehensively insured motor vehicle;
- Capacity to work outside of normal hours and participate in the on-call roster.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a criminal records check and pre-employment medical.
You can download the position description here.
Send your resume, cover letter and response to the Selection Criteria to:
Aiden Thomas, Program Manager, Youth Care UPA
PO Box 414, Alstonville NSW 2477
For further information about this position please call Tracey Anderssen, Youth Care UPA, Service Coordinator on 02 6620 4400.
Applications Close COB Friday 21 June 2019.